WHO DOESN’T LOVE CHIPOTLE?!
This healthy chipotle bowl is the perfect dish to satisfy that Chipotle craving! It’s a healthier, cheaper and easy to make version of those chipotle bowls. This is a great recipe to meal prep as well, just be sure to prep the veggies the day of!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Tricolor Quinoa
- 2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce can) corn, drained, or 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn (thawed if frozen)
- 2 vine-on tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for serving
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less or omit if sensitive to spice)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add the quinoa. Return to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to medium. Let simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork, then re-cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2. While the quinoa cooks, prepare the other chipotle bowl ingredients.
- 3. To make the dressing, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Drizzle over the warm quinoa, then toss to combine.
- 4. Gently stir in the prepared chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Serve warm with any desired toppings.
Recipe and image source: https://www.wellplated.com/chipotle-burrito-bowl/